Sometime, about a year ago, I suddenly started hating the tube. 2 minutes at a signal and I am freaking out.

To take my mind off things I begun writing lists, each inspired by my journey on the underground.




Tuesday 24 May 2011

Biggest childhood disappointments:


  • Failing to invent anything.
  • Realising I'd never have blue eyes.
  • Never owning hungry hippos
  • Never owning a mr frosty
  • Never owning a bluebird kitchen.
  • Not snogging Jason donovan.
  • Not marrying Robbie Williams.
  • Realising that I couldn't sing.
  • Not visiting the cadbury factory.
  • Being incapable of doing a  handstand or cartwheel.
  • Losing my spending money on a school trip. A teacher bought me a rubber out of sympathy, I wanted one of those money pots on string.
  • Missing meeting princess Diana because I had flu.
  • Never having to wear a brace.
  • Breaking my fingers during a game of mercy but still not getting a plaster cast.
  • Never having LA Gears, jelly shoes or a shell suit.  My best mate had all 3. Jealous.
  • No soda stream. 
  • Realising Nutella doesn't taste as good at home as it does on holiday.
  • Having feet too wide for Magic Step shoes
  • Realising that Kylie and Jason weren't actually in love with eachother.
  • Discovering mermaids don't exist even though I'm sure I saw one off the coast of devon.

4 comments:

  1. i can pretty much say i feel the same way for nearly all of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte Faure25 May 2011 at 01:35

    I have never recovered from the disappointment of not owning a pair of Magic Step shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take comfort from the fact that one of my mates (you know who you are cliffers) was made to get her magic steps from a discount store. Only to discover that they were cheap because they didn't have the all important key in the sole. Devo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Mr Frosty - I still want one!

    ReplyDelete