- Competitive sun-creaming. Use to be lower the better, now its go 30 plus or go home.
- 4 oclock crisps and beer. A necessity to 'make it' from lunch to dinner.
- We swear we will never become our mums but suddenly 'getting our hair we't in the pool is a fate worse than death.
- Doing nothing is exhausting.
- Foreign supermarkets are way better than home ones.
- But Foreign ketchup is never as good.
- Flight + change of routine = 'holiday constipation.'
- Day 3 cue the 'I could live here' conversation.
- You can only really tell how tanned/burned you are once you've got out the shower. Fact.
- The better the holiday the harder it is to get over.
- The piss-dip. We all know you've only gone in the sea to have a wee.
- Holiday hats. Idiotic. But impossible to resist.
- All inclusive holidays = a challenge.
- Everyone steala all the hotel toiletries. Don't they?!
- Epic bat and ball rallies. Not only do you feel like a hero. But you also deserve a beer.
- Sarongs. Never as glamourous in reality as they feel in your head.
- Saying hello/please/thank you/two beers does not constitute speaking the language.
- You must unpack before you go for a swim. Dems da rules.
- Flipflops need breaking up.
- Holiday food doesn't taste the same when you buy/make it at home: nutella & icetea are case in point.
- Tankini = pointless. Just a swimming cozzie split in two.
- We all need someone else's help to decide whether 'you'll need a cardie in the evening.'
- Picnics on the beach aren't worth the effort.
- Sweat. Swim. Eat. Repeat.
- 1 1/2 - weeks the average time the postcard reaches home after you.
- The comfyier you are on an inflatable. The more likely you are to be tipped off.
Monday, 28 May 2012
The Truth about Holidays
Posted by SE15 Mum at 05:22