Sometime, about a year ago, I suddenly started hating the tube. 2 minutes at a signal and I am freaking out.

To take my mind off things I begun writing lists, each inspired by my journey on the underground.




Thursday 21 July 2011

Amusing Supermarket Behaviour


  • The scabby aisle inspection. Distrust that they actually might be selling you something horrific.
  • Eggs are never being where you expect them to be.
  • Romantics.  Standing arm in arm looking at pasta sauces. Oh how things change...
  • Repetitive deals. You've offered me 2 for 1 on Cheddar, prawns & Pizza Express pizza for the last year. It doesn't excite me.
  • 'Basing' - planting your trolley somewhere and using it as a base-point to grab items in the surrounding area.
  • Trolley Confusion Guilt (often occurs when basing) - the awful embarrassment/shame you feel on thinking someone else's trolley is your own. 
  • Give Away Item - the one key piece, often nappies, which saves you from actually putting your stuff in their trolley.
  • Self check-out abuse. It's impossible to complete a transaction without it shouting at you about items in the bagging area.
  • Treats. Every big shop deserves a treat.
  • Supersizers - people who get massive everything, you picture 10 screaming kids  at home
  • Too much for a basket. Too little for a trolley. Middle sized shops are a a no-mans-land.
  • Forgotten item dash. Requires one person to be the dashers, while their partner 'stalls at the till'.
  • Loyalty Card shame - Have you get a loyalty card? no sorry I forgot it. No need to be sorry.
  • Token drunk - Two cans of special brew. One reduced-price pastie from the scabby aisle. Zero shame.
  • Disbelief at an item not being there. 'There's no rocket!' you exclaim, as if saying it makes it true.
  • Purchase pride. You're so chuffed with the delicious thing you've got for tea that you pick it up and admire it at the check-out.




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I gotta say I was laughing out loud at several of these! Hahahaha. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self checkout abuse....The first thing I do at self-checkout is turn the sound off :).

    ReplyDelete